Calumet Public School District 132 offers many opportunities for all students to become involved in extracurricular programs. Involvement in extracurricular activities, motivate students to practice positive behavior and increases their desire to learn. Over 60 activities consisting of teams, clubs or groups have been created to allow our students to take part in new experiences that will enhance their lives. The wide variety of programs and activities are designed to meet students’ interests, and needs at all grade levels.
It is the students, staff and parents responsibility to ensure that academic performance remains the number one priority. All offerings in our extracurricular programs are contingent on enrollment.
We continue to keep the safety of our students and staff a top priority. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have made the following adjustments to our Before and After School Programs.
We will not offer Illinois Elementary School Association (IESA) After School Sports Programs during the 2020/2021 school year.
We will continue to offer Before and After School Clubs remotely, on full school, for the remainder of the 2020/2021 school year. We will reevaluate how we will conduct all Before and After School Programs at the end of the 2020-2021 school year based on the level of safety for students and staff.
Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, all Before and After School Program fees have been waived for the 2020-2021 school year. Below you will find a list of programs to be offered during the first semester of the 2020/2021 school year:
- Adult ESL Class – Burr Oak
- Advanced Band - Calumet
- After School Mentoring Group – Burr Oak
- Art Club (Fashion Design) – Burr Oak and Calumet
- Beginning Band – Burr Oak
- Call to Men Boys Mentoring Club - Calumet
- Ceramics – Burr Oak and Calumet
- Chess Club – Burr Oak
- Childcare Services – Burr Oak
- Chorus/Choir - Calumet
- Culinary Arts Club I - Calumet
- Dance Club I - Calumet
- Drama Club I - Calumet
- Dream in STEAM Club – Burr Oak Academy
- Electronic World – Burr Oak
- GED Class – Burr Oak
- GED Class (Spanish) -Burr Oak
- Girls in Science - Calumet
- Junior Choir – Burr Oak
- Just for Fun Book Club – Burr Oak Academy
- Lego Mind Builders Club -Burr Oak and Burr Oak Academy
- Math Bowl - Calumet
- My Hands Can Talk -Calumet
- National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) - Calumet
- Newspaper/Yearbook Club - Calumet
- SMART Tutoring – All Schools
- Strength & Conditioning - Calumet
- Student Leadership Council - Burr Oak
- Student Leadership Council – Calumet
For additional information, please contact Mr. Edwards, Programs Manager at 708-824-3090 Ext. 4266 or email email@example.com